The Department of Civil Engineering has been established during the academic year 2008 with an intake of 30 students. The department is run with a vision and a strong commitment to develop competent engineers, without compromising standards of excellence by providing qualified and dedicated faculty and excellent infrastructure. The intake has been increased to 60 from the academic year 2010-11. It is also offering PG program – M.E Structural Engineering with an intake of 18 from the academic year 2012-13.
- The Department of Civil Engineering will be a centre of excellence in industry-oriented teaching, training, research, professional ethics, social responsibility, and continuing education for practising engineers through sponsored research and consultancy services.
- The vision of the department is in consonance with the institutional vision in terms of becoming center of excellence, promoting research, social responsibility and ethical values.
To improvise the curriculum to include contents pertaining to situational experience of variety of sites and develop a sense of social responsibility and to enhance research orientation of students through internship programs.
- To enhance sponsored research and consultancy works to achieve effective industry-institute-interaction and conduct Continuing Education Programme for practising engineers.
- Create facilities and expertise in advanced computer technology thereby promote research.
- To inculcate professional ethics through quality and modern construction practices.
- To switch over to modern methods of material testing, Engineering analysis and design.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Students are expected to Possess:
- PEO1: The graduate will be successful professionally and contribute to core civil engineering construction projects, infrastructure projects, alternative construction technology projects, green buildings towards environmental sustainability for academic domain as well as for research and pursue higher studies.
- PEO2: The graduate will be professionally sound in broad area of knowledge of various dimensions of civil engineering and allied fields.
- PEO3: The graduate will be a team leader/effective team member with ethical values, versatile, quick learner will adapt to given professional context with lifelong learning capability.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PGP is committed to offer its students community a dedicated cadre of highly Qualified and experienced human resource personnel. Faculties are chosen on the basis of merit and competence in their area of specialisation.
- Communication Skill and Personality Development
- Improvement of English with emphasis on Spoken English
- Industrial Training
- Industrial Visits relating to Subjects of Study
- In House value Added Specialized Courses
- In house Hardware / Software programme
- Campus Interview / Placement
- Encouraging students to do educative and innovative projects as a part of curriculum
- Encouraging the students to participate in Seminar, Workshops in and out of college
- Encourage extra-curricular activities to make the college a happening and happy place
- Social Service activities through NSS, YRC, RRC and other student bodies
- STRENGTH OF MATERIALS Lab
- SURVEY Lab
- CONCRETE AND HIGHWAY ENGINEERING Lab
- SOIL MECHANICS LABORATORY
- ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY
- ADVANCED STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY
The campus is proud of its lab facilities offered for all levels and divisions of education, falling under its umbrella. All labs are air-conditioned and have access to the most modern equipment’s. The campus has independent internet labs for different courses.