Mr. S. Dhanabal, M.E
Head of the Department
Computer Science Engineering
The Department of Computer Science Engineering was established in the year 1999 and it is offering UG program in Computer Science Engineering with an intake of 60. The intake has been increased to 90 from the academic year 2012-13. It is also offering PG program – M.E Computer Science Engineering with an intake of 18 from the academic year 2010-11. The Department has been maintaining high standards in imparting quality education in the challenging field of Computer Science. Highly experienced and dedicated faculty members with minimum M.E / M.Tech qualification impart quality training to students, with solid emphasis on understanding the fundamentals and intricacies of the subjects concerned and subsequently apply them to solve problems. The Department has successfully conducted Technical Symposiums and has arranged a number of seminars and several invited lectures by eminent persons both from academia and industry. The Department has well established lab facilities with advanced software suited to the syllabus prescribed by the University.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has primary objective of providing world class education in the field of Computer Science. The department is combining excellence in education and research with reference to the industry. Right from its inception, the Department has been offering phenomenal infrastructural facilities with a variety of computing platforms to professional students to meet the burgeoning demands of the IT industry.
To become a centre of Excellence in Computer Science and Engineering, producing quality hardware and software engineers, who can adopt best practices in technical education and research to derive meaningful solutions to problems in industry and society.
- To produce competent computer professionals through a technology enabled learning process and fundamental research.
- To build a strong team of engineers utilizing all the resources and adopting innovative teaching – learning practices.
- To mould the students in research and development and entrepreneurship through industrial training and industry linked projects.
- To inculcate professional behavior among the students so as to apply their knowledge and exposure for the upliftment of mankind.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PO – 1: An ability to use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for
carrying out multidisciplinary projects
- PO – 2: An ability to build a computer based system, process or a component that
meets the desired needs
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science,engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional
engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate
the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PGP is committed to offer its students community a dedicated cadre of highly Qualified and experienced human resource personnel. Faculties are chosen on the basis of merit and competence in their area of specialisation.
- Communication Skill and Personality Development
- Improvement of English with emphasis on Spoken English
- Industrial Training
- Industrial Visits relating to Subjects of Study
- In House value Added Specialized Courses
- In house Hardware / Software programme
- Campus Interview / Placement
- Encouraging students to do educative and innovative projects as a part of curriculum
- Encouraging the students to participate in Seminar, Workshops in and out of college
- Encourage extra-curricular activities to make the college a happening and happy
- Social Service activities through NSS, YRC, RRC and other student bodies
- RDBMS Lab
- Software Development lab
- Network lab
- Multimedia lab
The campus is proud of its lab facilities offered for all levels and divisions of education, falling under its umbrella.All labs are air-conditioned and have access to the most modern equipment’s.The campus has independent internet labs for different courses.