The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has been in existence since 2002 –2003 with an intake of 60 students per year and at present the intake is 60 per year. The department has grown into a full fledged department. The M.E (Power Electronics and Drives) course has been started in the year of 2010 – 2011 with an intake of 18 students per year.
The department runs with the vision and mission dedicated towards producing young prospective engineers who are industry ready and skill oriented by training them on various specific field oriented verticals of electrical and electronics engineering.
The department is well equipped with all infrastructural facilities required to impart high quality education and committed towards offering output plus outcome based education to the students. Quality and experienced members and doctorate degree are involved in teaching.
Alumnae of this department are employed in the leading tire 1 and tire 2 companies in India and abroad. Research and consulting activities are under the able administration of Dr. M. Akila, Principal.
- To mould young and fresh minds into well-disciplined and knowledgeable engineers to excel in the field of electrical and electronics engineering to cater the industrial and social needs
- To produce employable engineers with academic excellence and technical skills compounded with ethical principles that would be able to fulfill expectation of industries.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Students will be able to analyze and solve the engineering problems be applying the basic knowledge of mathematics, computer science and engineering
- PEO2: Students could analyze their real life problem and succeeded in their chosen professional field to provide quality education which is economically feasible and social acceptable
- PEO3: Graduate could demonstrate their acquired professional knowledge, ethical attitude, effective communication skills and team work skills and could adapt to current technical trends by engaging in lifelong learning
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PGP is committed to offer its students community a dedicated cadre of highly Qualified and experienced human resource personnel. Faculties are chosen on the basis of merit and competence in their area of specialisation.
- Communication Skill and Personality Development
- Improvement of English with emphasis on Spoken English
- Industrial Training
- Industrial Visits relating to Subjects of Study
- In House value Added Specialized Courses
- In house Hardware / Software programme
- Campus Interview / Placement
- Encouraging students to do educative and innovative projects as a part of curriculum
- Encouraging the students to participate in Seminar, Workshops in and out of college
- Encourage extra-curricular activities to make the college a happening and happy place
- Social Service activities through NSS, YRC, RRC and other student bodies
- CONTROL SYSTEM LAB
- MACHINES LAB
- POWER ELECTRONICS LAB
- POWER SYSTEM SIMULATION LAB
- MEASUREMENT &INSTRUMENTS LAB
- ME PED LAB
The campus is proud of its lab facilities offered for all levels and divisions of education, falling under its umbrella. All labs are air-conditioned and have access to the most modern equipment’s. The campus has independent internet labs for different courses.