Mr. S. Kumaresan, M.E
Head of the Department
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has been in existence since 2002 –2003 with an intake of 60 students per year and at present the intake is 60 per year. The department has grown into a full fledged department. The M.E (Power Electronics and Drives) course has been started in the year of 2010 – 2011 with an intake of 18 students per year.
The department runs with the vision and mission dedicated towards producing young prospective engineers who are industry ready and skill oriented by training them on various specific field oriented verticals of electrical and electronics engineering.
The department is well equipped with all infrastructural facilities required to impart high quality education and committed towards offering output plus outcome based education to the students. Quality and experienced members and doctorate degree are involved in teaching.
Alumnae of this department are employed in the leading tire 1 and tire 2 companies in India and abroad. Research and consulting activities are under the able administration of Dr. M. Akila, Principal.
To become a world class centre of learning in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, producing quality engineers who will be able to practice the profession with technical and managerial skills embedded with ethical and human values, so as to face challenges in industry and ultimately benefit the society.
- To build a strong centre of learning and research in electrical and electronics engineering through a systematic education process and core research.
- To produce quality engineers with managerial skills specialized in the domain area by utilizing the infrastructure and human resources and adopting outcome based teaching – learning process.
- To encourage the students to participate in research and development activities in the area of energy engineering and also promote entrepreneurship through industry linked initiatives.
- To create, a pool of globally recognized professionals imbibed with human values to serve the society by integrating skill development programmes and ethical principles.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Students will be able to analyze and solve the engineering problems be applying the basic knowledge of mathematics, computer science and engineering
- PEO2: Students could analyze their real life problem and succeeded in their chosen professional field to provide quality education which is economically feasible and social acceptable
- PEO3: Graduate could demonstrate their acquired professional knowledge, ethical attitude, effective communication skills and team work skills and could adapt to current technical trends by engaging in lifelong learning
Program Outcomes (POs)
Students in the EEE programme should at the time of their graduation be in possession of:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computing, science and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design and construct a hardware and software system, component, or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints
- Students will have exposure of working in teams
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- Students will have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Students will have ability to write, speak and present effectively on general and technical issues and subjects
- Students will have acquired sufficient breadth of knowledge to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Student would have realized the necessity for continuous education and has an ability to embark on a career of lifelong learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for engineering practices
PGP is committed to offer its students community a dedicated cadre of highly Qualified and experienced human resource personnel. Faculties are chosen on the basis of merit and competence in their area of specialisation.
- Communication Skill and Personality Development
- Improvement of English with emphasis on Spoken English
- Industrial Training
- Industrial Visits relating to Subjects of Study
- In House value Added Specialized Courses
- In house Hardware / Software programme
- Campus Interview / Placement
- Encouraging students to do educative and innovative projects as a part of curriculum
- Encouraging the students to participate in Seminar, Workshops in and out of college
- Encourage extra-curricular activities to make the college a happening and happy place
- Social Service activities through NSS, YRC, RRC and other student bodies
- CONTROL SYSTEM LAB
- MACHINES LAB
- POWER ELECTRONICS LAB
- POWER SYSTEM SIMULATION LAB
- MEASUREMENT &INSTRUMENTS LAB
- ME PED LAB
The campus is proud of its lab facilities offered for all levels and divisions of education, falling under its umbrella. All labs are air-conditioned and have access to the most modern equipment’s. The campus has independent internet labs for different courses.