Mrs. A. VaniPrapha, M.E
Head of the Department
Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been established in the year 1999 and it is offering UG program in Electronics and Communication Engineering with an intake of 60 from the academic year 2012-13. It is also offering PG program M.E Communication System in the academic year 2011-2012 and VLSI with an intake of 18 from the academic year 2012-2013.
To become a most sought after destination for technical education in the domain of Electronics and Communication Engineering, developing a team of engineers possessing technical expertise, human values and professional ethics, facilitating research for the benefit of industry and society.
- To produce Electronics and Communication Engineering graduates empowered to meet the growing challenges in the world through classical education process and applied research.
- To build a community of engineers in Electronics and Communication engineering by utilizing the available updated resources and implementing innovative methods of teaching and learning exercise.
- To motivate the students to involve in research and development in the area of communication engineering and train them to become entrepreneurs through the participation of industry.
- To impart industrial and managerial skills to students so as to adopt appropriate technology for the welfare of the people.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Design and test Electronics and Communication systems and be successful professional in the field of E & C and allied areas.
- PEO2: Be a good leader, team worker with strong communication skills.
- PEO3: Possess capability to pursue higher education and be involved in research in the core and allied areas of E&C Engineering and be a lifelong learner.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PGP is committed to offer its students community a dedicated cadre of highly Qualified and experienced human resource personnel. Faculties are chosen on the basis of merit and competence in their area of specialisation.
- Communication Skill and Personality Development
- Improvement of English with emphasis on Spoken English
- Industrial Training
- Industrial Visits relating to Subjects of Study
- In House value Added Specialized Courses
- In house Hardware / Software programme
- Campus Interview / Placement
- Encouraging students to do educative and innovative projects as a part of curriculum
- Encouraging the students to participate in Seminar, Workshops in and out of college
- Encourage extra-curricular activities to make the college a happening and happy place
- Social Service activities through NSS, YRC, RRC and other student bodies
- Electronics Lab
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller lab
- Communication lab / Networks lab
The campus is proud of its lab facilities offered for all levels and divisions of education, falling under its umbrella. All labs are air-conditioned and have access to the most modern equipment’s. The campus has independent internet labs for different courses.