Dr.S.R. Ranganathan’s Main Library
“Books are the best friends Library is the heart of the University; The Library is Growing Organism Every Book has its Reader Save the time of the Use”
Dr. S. R. Ranganathan Main Library of PGP College of Engineering and Technology has set its vision, to the maximum satisfaction of the institution in imparting the highest quality of Technical Education. Our Library is offering the most modern facilities and infrastructure in an aesthetically designed modern library building.
Our Central Library is housed in a spacious area of 5000 sq.ft. The stock as well as issue and return and renewal are all fully computerized with Bar-Coding provision and the transactions all are automated. Our library has got a seating capacity of 100 seats, out of which 60 are air conditioned.
The Central Library is located in PGP College and it is the biggest library with 500 students and 250 readers visit library every day. It works on all working days from 8am to 8pm and closed on every Monday.
The library hosts numerous volumes of text books and reference book on various fields of study. Our “Dr. Ranganathan Library” has been set up with centralized air condition and has state-of the-art standards. The library has nearly 50,000 books, 500 e-journals (DELNET and IEEE), 200 National / International journals and magazines.
A well-equipped video lecture hall has been established with lectures delivered by Professors of IIT on nearly 260 subjects relating to Engineering and Management studies to improve the knowledge and skills of our students and also to provide them with a good exposure to study and research materials.
It also has an auditorium to conduct motivational speeches and inspiring lectures from dignitaries in different field of expertise.
Mission of Central Library:
The college library has numerous volumes of books and journals for the Students to use the library to their best advantage by devoting as much time as possible in the library.
|Working Day||8.00 AM to 7.00PM|
|Holiday||9.00 AM to 1.00PM|
|Book Circulation||9.00 AM to 4.30PM|
Our role is to provide access to the information resources required by members of the college for research, learning and teaching. There is a wealth of material to support learning and research at the University level and over 25,000 printed volumes and an extensive range of high quality electronic resources are available. The library has been equipped with 181 E Journals, 180 National, International Journals and Magazines.
- Total No. of Collection: more than 25000 Volumes
- Total No. of Titles: 8988
- National Journals: 92
- International Journals: 56
- E-Journals: 526(IEEE, ASME, ASCE & J-Gate)
- CD: 824
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue):
Provides the following services Lending Service
- Reference Service
- Internet Service
- Current Awareness Service
- E-Books Access
- E-Journals [Full-Text] Access
- Inter Library Loan
- Industrial Information Service
- Service for Career & Placement aids
- Information Retrieval Internet print out Reprography Service
- Provides access for net-surfing and Online Journals browsing
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning)
- A well equipped Video Lecture Hall has been established with lectures delivered by the Professors of IIT through NPTEL on 260 subjects related to Engineering and Management Studies.
Rules and Regulations:
- Strict silence should be observed in the Library.
- Each student can borrow three books at a time for a period of 15 days. He/She is allowed to get the book renewed for a further period of 15 days provided no other student has placed demand for the same book.
- Librarian has the authority to recall any book at any time if the conditions so demand.
- Late return of books will attract a fine as under :Rs. 10/- per book per day.
- Borrower’s tickets are non-transferable. Their use without the ID -Card is not permitted. However, in case a student loses the borrower’s tickets he/she must report the loss immediately to the Librarian to avoid misuse of the same.
- In the case of the loss of the ticket, the student shall submit an application for the issue of duplicate ticket along with a receipt of Rs. 25/-.
- A student who loses a book and does not replace it with a similar copy may be charged twice the cost of the book along with a fine of Rs. 50/-.
- Library Books must be returned when students go home on vacation.
- Cell Phones prohibited.
Librarian – PGPCET