Dr. R. Karthikeyan, M.B.A., PhD.,
Head of the Department
Master Of Business Administration
The Department of MBA programme has been started in the year 2008 with an intake of 60 students under Anna University, Chennai. The programme has gone through various dimensions with changes as per the requirements. MBA is a two years full time programme with specializations in Finance, Marketing, Human Resources. The department is committed to provide state of the art Management education on par with International standards. The department aims at providing quality and value based education by enhancing the skills of students, create awareness about future trends of industry and familiarizing the students with skills for succeeding in the interviews. The department nurtures and grooms future corporate leaders providing all support systems to learn at prodigious rate.
The department of Management studies focuses on inculcating moral responsibility and prepares them as most preferable professionals of the global corporate environment. The department has consistently secured excellent pass percentage with university ranks in the examinations. It has outstanding placement records, a testimony to the quality of students and the strength of the corporate relations.
The department offers training in various domains throughout the year to provide the students better employment opportunities. This facilitates inspiring and enlightening intellectual interactions between the students and corporate players.
- Department of Management Studies focuses on enhancing the student’s understanding of the dynamic environment and management provide innovative and experiential hypnopedia. Hence, well esteemed faculty members have to mould entrepreneurs, Marketing Professionals and successful managers
- To crank-out the well developed graduates with sound understanding of management theories and practices and to become professionals with various dynamics.
- To intimately practice with industry professionals and research organizations exact to reach knowledge for acquisition enrichment.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO – I Students will establish themselves as effective professionals by solving real problems through the use of management science knowledge and with attention to team work, effective communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- PEO – II Students will develop professional skills that prepare them for immediate employment and for life-long learning in advanced areas of management and related fields.
- PEO – III Students will demonstrate their ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment by having learned and applied new skills and new competencies.
- PEO – IV Students will be provided with an educational foundation that prepares them for excellence, leadership roles along diverse career paths with encouragement to professional ethics and active participation needed for a successful career.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Apply conceptual business foundations to solve practical decision-making problems, both individually and as part of teams using techniques such as case analysis, projects and assignments.
- An ability to develop a systematic understanding of globalization and its impact on people, businesses and the economy.
- An ability to demonstrate a critical awareness of current issues (e.g., diversity, social responsibility, sustainability, innovation, knowledge management, etc.) in business and management which is informed by leading edged research and practice in the field.
- An ability to function effectively on multi-disciplinary teams (Team work).
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify, formulate and use the appropriate managerial skills for obtaining its solution.
- Recognize and address ethical issues and values and apply them in organizational settings.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, financial, marketing, sales, logistical security and social issues and responsibilities (Professional integrity).
- An ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally (Speaking / Writing skills).
- Use information and knowledge effectively: scanning and organizing data, synthesizing and analysing in order to abstract meaning from information, and to share knowledge.
- A Knowledge of contemporary issues (Social awareness).
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for managerial practice (Practical managerial analysis skills).
- An integrated knowledge of and demonstrated ability to perform as management professionals, and will be prepared for continued learning throughout their career.Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and lifelong learning (Continuing education awareness).
- An ability to recognize the importance of professional development by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in management (Successful career and immediate employment).
PGP is committed to offer its students community a dedicated cadre of highly Qualified and experienced human resource personnel. Faculties are chosen on the basis of merit and competence in their area of specialisation.
- Communication Skill and Personality Development
- Improvement of English with emphasis on Spoken English
- Industrial Training
- Industrial Visits relating to Subjects of Study
- In House value Added Specialized Courses
- In house Hardware / Software programme
- Campus Interview / Placement
- Encouraging students to do educative and innovative projects as a part of curriculum
- Encouraging the students to participate in Seminar, Workshops in and out of college
- Encourage extra-curricular activities to make the college a happening and happy
- Social Service activities through NSS, YRC, RRC and other student bodies
The purpose of lab students is to learn and develop them in the field of computer skills, analysis of various applications through software. It helps to analysis, the data analysis and business modeling practical.
HR CLUB EVENTS
The purpose of HR Club is to bring together student’s talents and interested in the field of Human Resources Management. It helps them to corporate for develop student interpersonal skills, knowledge and self decision making. This club is designed to help the students learn more about Human Resource.
The HR club conducts every week end to enable students to gain how HR professionals do in their field. The profusion of activities ranging from seminar on HR topics, conferences, Debates, HR Quiz, case study, Games & Exercises etc.
To enhance the relevant and essential skills required to make successful HR professional in the corporate world.
FINANCE CLUB EVENTS
The purpose of finance club is to analysis the applications. The students learn the financial aspects of management, stock market instruments, regulations of SEBI and life insurance.
This club follows by Faculty coordinators, Students president, vice president, secretary to know the field of management under specialization. What professional’s analysts to do.