The Department of MCA has been established during the academic year 2006-2007 with an intake of 60 students. The department of Computer Applications offers a 3 year Master programme in Computer Applications. It has succeeded in creating its own place of excellence among its counterparts in Tamil Nadu. In fact, the department has been attracting bright students for quality education in computer applications at the postgraduate level.
To be a premier department producing competent professionals to develop sustainable computer based applications for industrial and societal needs.
To improvise the curriculum to include contents pertaining to situational experience of variety of sites and develop a sense of social responsibility and to enhance research orientation of students through internship programs.
- Facilitate effective learning environment by providing industry focus
- Make students acquire the necessary skills to continue independent learning and research
- Inculcate professional ethics driven by societal concerns
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduates will be having competency to design and implement computer based applications, and able to work with domain experts
- PEO 2: Graduates will be dedicated, effective and sensitive to dead line with good professional ethics
- PEO 3: Graduates will acquire necessary skills for continued independent learning and research
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PGP is committed to offer its students community a dedicated cadre of highly Qualified and experienced human resource personnel. Faculties are chosen on the basis of merit and competence in their area of specialisation.
- Communication Skill and Personality Development
- Improvement of English with emphasis on Spoken English
- Industrial Training
- Industrial Visits relating to Subjects of Study
- In House value Added Specialized Courses
- In house Hardware / Software programme
- Campus Interview / Placement
- Encouraging students to do educative and innovative projects as a part of curriculum
- Encouraging the students to participate in Seminar, Workshops in and out of college
- Encourage extra-curricular activities to make the college a happening and happy place
- Social Service activities through NSS, YRC, RRC and other student bodies
- VNCC Lab
- RDBMS Lab
- Software Development lab
- Network lab
- Multimedia lab
The campus is proud of its lab facilities offered for all levels and divisions of education, falling under its umbrella. All labs are air-conditioned and have access to the most modern equipment’s. The campus has independent internet labs for different courses.