Mr. T. Ponnusamy, M.E
Head of the Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been started in 1999. It has excellent infrastructure with well-experienced and dedicated staff. The department has signed MoU with leading companies and industries to provide training and placement. The intake has been increased to 120 from the academic year 2012-13. It is also offering PG program – M.E Engineering Design with an intake of 18 from the academic year 2008 – 2009.
To become a preferred destination for quality and value based education in Mechanical Engineering, generating employable engineers and successful entrepreneurs who can practice professional ethics and human values and serve as responsible citizens for the benefit of society.
- To produce employable Mechanical Engineers through a system of learning practice satisfying the students, teachers and industry.
- To produce engineers and intellectuals possessed with leadership qualities through an effective utilization of all possible resources upgraded from time to time.
- To facilitate research and development as well as entrepreneurship through professional training by experts from industry and institutions of national importance.
- To get involved in values enabled professional career so as to look upon India as a most favoured nation for global investment and thereby benefit the society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Students are expected to Possess:
- PEO 1: Graduates will be able to apply engineering principles to develop products, processes or knowledge to solve mechanical and associated engineering problems for successful careers in mechanical engineering/higher education/research.
- PEO 2: Graduates will acquire leadership qualities with strong communication skills along with professional and ethical values.
- PEO 3: Graduates will be able to become entrepreneur / innovators to design and develop manufacturing systems and services to address social, technical and business challenges.
- PEO 4: Graduates will be lifelong learners.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PGP is committed to offer its students community a dedicated cadre of highly Qualified and experienced human resource personnel. Faculties are chosen on the basis of merit and competence in their area of specialisation.
- Communication Skill and Personality Development
- Improvement of English with emphasis on Spoken English
- Industrial Training
- Industrial Visits relating to Subjects of Study
- In House value Added Specialized Courses
- In house Hardware / Software programme
- Campus Interview / Placement
- Encouraging students to do educative and innovative projects as a part of curriculum
- Encouraging the students to participate in Seminar, Workshops in and out of college
- Encourage extra-curricular activities to make the college a happening and happy place
- Social Service activities through NSS, YRC, RRC and other student bodies
- MECHATRONICS LABORATORY
- FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY LABORATORY
- METROLOGY AND MEASUREMENT LABORATORY
- STRENGTH OF MATERIALS LABORATORY
- MACHINE SHOP
- CAD/CAM LABORATORY
- THERMAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY
- DYNAMICS LABORATORY
- MATERIAL SCIENCE LABORATORY
The campus is proud of its lab facilities offered for all levels and divisions of education, falling under its umbrella. All labs are air-conditioned and have access to the most modern equipment’s. The campus has independent internet labs for different courses.